Prints stuck to glass!!!!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by msage, Oct 19, 2004.

1. msage

msage Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I am hoping someone here may be able to help. I work in a retail camera store and lab. Often we have customers in with photos stuck to glass. Using prints of no value as tests I have tried soaking in water, Photo-flo and stabilizer with little luck. Most are C-type color prints with a few B/W RC prints. Has any one had success removing the prints with little damage? Thanks.

Michael

2. geraldatwork

geraldatwork Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I guess this happens when people frame prints with no mat so the print presses against the glass. I might try a little heat. Take a hair dryer and try directing the heat on the glass side. Not too much heat at first and try carefully peeling the print off starting at a corner.

You know when you buy products with those sticky price and product labels that leave a sticky,messy residue when you take them off? I use the heat from the hair dryer to carefully peel them off without tearing the label or leaving a residue. Maybe that will work.

3. Loose Gravel

Loose Gravel Member

Be careful. Those photos are bonded to the glass. Try a sample before the real thing.