Problem with film in Hassy

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Twellsphoto, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Twellsphoto

Twellsphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just got a 501c/m and the camera and back are in great shape. However I've ran three rolls of 120 through the A12 back and each one of them has had dents and bumps in the film. First two rolls I chalked up to being new to putting the rolls on plastic reels. Third roll I had my Darkroom instructor load the film onto a steel roll for me and I ended up with the same results. The bumps and dents are all over the film so not sure I can narrow whats causing it. Any ideas? It doesn't show in my prints unless its supposed to be really flat then you get the light from the indention bent. Thanks -Twellsphoto

2. dnk512

dnk512 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Push a roll through the camera and do not develop it. Unroll it in daylight and see if it has dents and bumps. Then you will know if it is the back that is it causing it.

3. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Did you have the film under the flange in the back that helps to hold the film flat?

4. Zebra

Zebra Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You might want to switch this to the proper forum so that you will get more responses from folks that shoot medium format.

Monty

5. Twellsphoto

Twellsphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, sorry I cruise both sections commonly and guess I wasn't paying much attention when I posted this, hopefully an admin will movie it for me.