Problem with Slavich Unibrom & Arista Lith Developer

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by thefizz, Jun 12, 2013.

1. thefizz

thefizz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a customer who is getting white patches on his prints when using Slavich Unibrom grade 3 and Arista lith developer. He has informed me that the developer was new and fresh and I know the paper was also fresh.

I have used this paper many times for lith and not had this problem but I usually use Moersch Easylith or Rollei Creative Vintage developers. So I am unsure if the patches are due to a paper defect or a problem with the Arista developer.

Has anyone experienced this?

Peter

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    This is normal ! Your customer has to dilute more the chemistry. Slavich paper hates bromide in the developer and this provoke such patterns.
    The only solution is to decrease the quantity of bromide in the devloper, by diluting more.

With Moersch chemistry, I only put 10 mL A and 10 B in 2 liters of water and it's enough!

3. mr rusty

mr rusty Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I concur that Moersch has never shown this - I am using Slavich Unibrom grade 3 too. However, I use 20 + 20 in 1 litre. I do see a very slight "parchment" effect after toning in the white areas (which is actually quite nice) but I will try a much more dilute developer next time - thanks for the tip - still learning this!

4. thefizz

thefizz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you both, I'll pass the information on.