Processing film with Cibachrome K-2?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by TJ Krusinski, Jan 1, 2010.

1. TJ Krusinski

TJ Krusinski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was given a bunch of darkroom supplies and was given a Cibachrome K-2 kit. I realize it's a paper development kit but seeing as I probably won't be doing and slide printing as the paper is a bit out of price, I was wondering if it will develop E-6 film. I have about 50 rolls of Velvia 50 that the seller included with my RB67 but mostly do black and white or color negative as it is cheaper. I may try a home E6 processing kit if this doesn't work out (which I'm thinking it won't), but I was wondering if I could process Velvia with the kit. Any help would be great.

2. hrst

hrst Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, it will not work. It's for dye bleach materials, not for chromogenic materials. You will not get dyes at all as there is no color developing agents, and the bleach will remove all the silver, resulting in a completely blank film. You can, however, use the developer and fixer (omitting the bleach) to get a normal BW negative. But that's not very interesting.

3. TJ Krusinski

TJ Krusinski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply, since I have no use for the kit if anyone wants it, I'll be glad to give it away for the price of shipping.

4. photomem

photomem Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey TJ. Depending on where you are... I might take it off your hands.

5. TJ Krusinski

TJ Krusinski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PM sent.

6. TJ Krusinski

TJ Krusinski Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Chemicals going to a good home! Sorry if you missed out.