Processing Tech Pan

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Adrian Twiss, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A recent posting on this topic prompted me to ask the following question. I have only tried to process Tech Pan Once with disastrous results. I found the film difficult to load and when I processed it using Kodak's "cocktail shaker" agitation method it came out covered in blotches caused by the film falling out of the spiral.

Has anyone processed this film (using Technidol) whilst employing more usual agitation methods. If so I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thank you

Adrian

2. tbm

tbm Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I process it using stainless steel reels and have never had a problem. Since switching to Photographers' Formulary's TD-3 Tech Pan developer and using mild agitation rather than Kodak's violent agitation method, I've gotten consistently beautiful negatives every time. It seems to me that you used plastic reels which, in the past, gave me numerous problems in several areas and caused me to switch to stainless steel (Hawes) reels. Did you?

3. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i used to process it in dektol or sprint paper developer after shooting it @ asa200. never had any bad results ...

4. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, I used Paterson reels.

5. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is very interesting. What development times and speed rating did you use?, if you don't mind me asking

6. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Francesco et at

Thanks for your help.