Pronto shutter

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Greg Heath, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Greg Heath

Greg Heath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Somebody asked the question and I can't find the post. The question is on the Pronto shutter are the speeds variable from one setting to another or are they distinct steps? I am refurbishing an Agfa Billy Pronto shutter and it appears that it is only specific speeds per selection. [​IMG]

You can see below the bulb "b" each speed has it's own distinct setting.
    That might differ on other shutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DanielG

DanielG Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure wether I've got the question right:
    every Pronto-shutter looks like yours. It has got the 25, 50, 100, 200 (/250
    nevertheless they're never really faster than 1/200 :wink: ) markings and these are the distinct steps to which it can be set.
    The selectable shutter-speeds vary only between the different types of shutters made by AGC. The Pronto is pretty much the "very basic version" of the Prontor, which has an extra set of drives to it where yours has some empty space on the top right of the casing. (Hope I remember the position correctly.)
    There is no variability in shutter speed between two settings. It is either (e.g.) 50 or 100; never sth. like 1/80.
    Hope that answers your question