Pure joy!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by munz6869, Mar 21, 2008.

1. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Fellow apuggers, picture if you will:

1. Not only did I convince my digital-loving partner to enthusiastically shoot a roll of Plus-X with the Retina IIIc I bought her for no good reason, but this evening we printed a frame...
    2. Using the previously untested LED head I built for my Durst CE1000, which made for her a beautiful, even print, grade correct (ie grade 2 "looked" like grade 2) at a decent exposure (32s at f8) - in fact it all worked perfectly, unlike my cold cathode head with it's annoying, negative-buckling heat idiosyncracies!!

LED's are cool - figuratively and literally, and now I feel like dancing around the living room...

Marc!

2. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations !!!

Just curious : what LEDs did you use ? I have to find something for my huge Priox (head is too big to fit in my future darkroom) and it's one of the options I'm considering.

3. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Merci Laurent!

You can see my prototype here http://www.apug.org/forums/forum41/48180-have-8x10-enlarger.html
    The final version is much the same, only in a nice MDF box with foil lining. The LED strips were "pure white" from the local electronics store. Another advantage is, it makes the enlarger head much lighter (weight-wise) too...

Marc

4. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Marc... The thread is very impressive, I guess it will set me started... Just have to check where I can find proper LEDs in Paris.