Pushing C41 3-4 stops? Need help

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by EASmithV, Dec 22, 2011.

1. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    +0:30 of development for each stop of push, assuming fresh developer. Four stops is pretty extreme though, I wouldn't expect anything good from it.

3. Rudeofus

Rudeofus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Athiril pushed Portra 400 all the way up to ISO 25600 and posted an example both here in the gallery and on flickr. He used special processing to get that far up.

4. Brian C. Miller

Brian C. Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    That's a 6-stop push! He says on his Flickr page 7:30 in C-41. I can't resist. I have just got to try that with sheet film! I have some Portra 800 in 120 to try, too.

I have no idea why he says, "do not try this." I mean, COME ON! That's what developing film yourself is for! I did Mortensen refrigerator development with Ilfosol 3 1:9 and Acros 100 for five days. Yeehaa! A little bit dense, but no problems!

Do not try this at home, indeed. Next thing you know they'll be coming for my proton accelerator pack. Sheesh! How am I supposed to advance the art of emulsion coating and ghost busting without it?

5. Rudeofus

Rudeofus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Brian,

Athiril posted some comments how he souped the film to achieve this incredible ISO. From what I vaguely remember it was not just "soup it until it gets boring and then some". That might be the reason for his comments.

6. EASmithV

EASmithV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Blasphemy. Brian, prepare for Ludacris speed!

7. Rudeofus

Rudeofus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    May the shadow detail be with you :wink: