pushing/pulling polaroid film

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by wonderlustking, Nov 25, 2010.

1. wonderlustking

wonderlustking Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    is this possible? has anybody experimented, and what were the results. examples would be awesome

2. pdexposures

pdexposures Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Impossible Projects newest PX70 film has a slower ISO than what the camera was designed for and needs to have the light/dark wheel cranked all the way to lighten.

But as far as I am aware the Fuji pack films are self terminating. So you couldn't do much to them. But then again none of this is concrete evidence and I have seen crazier things done.

3. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    with 55 i did it all the time, as i wanted the negative to be the final product not the print that just came along for the ride , "so to speak"

4. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How did you do it? The negative is ISO 25, and the print 50. If you exposed for the neg, you overexposed the print (and vice versa). By itself, that is just an exposure change, not a push or pull. How did you alter processing to push and pull?

5. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    i changed the time. i was only interested in what the negative would give me not the print.

It has been awhile since i used that film, may even 5 years, so i don't remember what ISO I used, but i never used the suggested times for allowing it to develop..

6. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you know how the change in development time changed the negatives, Ann? It's obviously too late for this to be practical information, but I am curious.

7. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    similar to underexpose over developed, added density, or at least I thought so at the time :smile:

8. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had similar results a couple of years ago with a box of 55. The prints always came out a little light as I processed for the negs. I underexposed a couple of sheets and, instead of a 25 count, I gave it 40 before pulling. Got a couple of really nice negs from the end of the box that way.

9. Joe O'Brien

Joe O'Brien Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there a way to expose fuji pack film so that you get a good negative?

10. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format