PXP Plus-X

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Gustavo_Castilla, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Gustavo_Castilla

Gustavo_Castilla Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi does any one know where I can find some PXP Plus-X 125 B&W Negative Film - 4x5
    Thanks

2. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seems to me Kodak discontinued Plus-X in 4x5 format this past year -- it's probably getting pretty scarce by now. For a 100 speed 4x5, I'd suggest giving J and C Pro 100 a try -- everyone I've heard of who has used it has liked it, and the price is seriously unbeatable.

3. jim appleyard

jim appleyard Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, Kodak did discontinue Plus-X in sheets. However, you can try J&C like Donald says, or there's Efke and possibly Ilford FP-4 (great film if it's still made in this size).

There might be a few others I can't think of at the moment; perhaps others will know.

4. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Kodak has indeed discontinued Plus-X in sheet formats. However be advised that the emulsion as well as the substrate used in the sheet film was quite different than that used on roll films. :confused:

5. Gustavo_Castilla

Gustavo_Castilla Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    J&C

where can I find this film? does freestyle carries it?

6. Dean Williams

Dean Williams Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

JandC Photo

7. SteveGangi

SteveGangi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Once again, we see the "wisdom" of Kodak, discontinuing one of their most popular films. I have to wonder, are they deliberately trying to commit corporate suicide? Meanwhile, Freestyle or B&H may have some in stock. Sigh. At least we still have Ilford FP4.

8. Tom Duffy

Tom Duffy Member

Gustavo,
    I used to love PXP and shot it exclusively with my 5x7. Since it disappeared, I've been shooting tri-x 320 rated at 160, developed in pyrocat. I have to say I like this better than PXP. Unless you're tied to an existing project, you might want to give it a try...
    Take care,
    Tom