[Q] Zenit 122 and Lomography's Petzval lense

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by LomographicLubitel, Jan 30, 2014.

1. LomographicLubitel

LomographicLubitel Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,

I recently put an order in for a Zenit 122K and was wondering if it is in any way possible to mount Lomography's Petzval lense to it.

2. mweintraub

mweintraub Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What mount does that lens come in? Search an adapter from that to the Pentax K mount.

3. horacekenneth

horacekenneth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I read that the Nikon Petzval could easily be adapted to a K-mount depending on whether lomo's petzval lens is setup as an A or non-AI mount. Unfortunately I do not know the answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  4. jp498

jp498 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Nikon Petzval is a simple mechanical mount, not AI levers or non-ai tabs. Should fit any nikon adapter. The aperture is metal waterhouse stops.

5. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Zenit 122 was made in two versions:
    with M42 screw-mount and with K-(Pentax)bayonet-mount

6. CHX

CHX Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I believe the K mount 122s are/were always sold as "Zenit 122K", and the M42 just as "Zenit 122" so it should be clear which you have. Alas, to be the best of my knowledge, there are no adapters to fit the Nikon and Canon mount lenses to an M42 camera, only the other way around. I don't know why KMZ didn't build the lens in M42 and then offer it with adapters to the different mounts - which would have been simpler, but such if life...

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, that "K" designation was the official Zenit designation for models bearing the K-mount, but it was not used on all models having such mount. That is why I did not recognize it as such.

There exists a Nikon-lens to K-mount camera mechanical-only adapter. In this case one would lose infinity focusing, what most probably would not be a loss with a Petzval lens.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014