Question about JOBO processor 8

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by stevewillard, Jan 11, 2008.

1. stevewillard

stevewillard Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have just purchased on ebay a JOBO process timer that came with no instructions. I have been unable to set any of the step times to zero. The least amount of time I can set any step is six seconds. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your considerations.

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes, that is normal. It is a process timer rather than an enlarging timer, so rarely does anyone need times so short. Also, with longer times such as 3:00 the timer might float to 2:59, or 3:01 which is fine.

Start with channel 1 and then set the times for each step up to step 8. Once the timer finds a 0 time step it resets.

Press the big button to start the timer. When time runs out, the timer beeps and start to count up for each second past the 0 mark until you push the big button. Then the timer advances to the next step but pauses. Therefore you have to push the big button twice to fluidly move into the next step. (I wish I could find a footswitch for mine; it does not accept a standard Gralab footswitch.) When you are ready to start over with the process, press the reset button and it reverts back to step one.

4. stevewillard

stevewillard Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    But jeroldharter, this does not make sense because I am unable to set any of the steps to zero - only at least 6 seconds.

5. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good point. In practice, once you get past the finish point, just press the reset key. I wrote it from memory. I am not sure if mine really zeroes out - I just ran up to the darkroom and mine does not zero out either. The timer rests at 6-9 seconds. In practice, that does not cause problems but I don't know why it is like that.