Question about stablizer from unicolor kit..

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by cepwin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just developed C41 and accidentally tossed the stabilizer instead of pouring it back into the container. I now have about 200 ml left...my tank holds about 375 ml. It doesn't appear you can get more separately. Will 200ml be sufficient or do I have to get another kit for my next c41 batch? Is there another product I can get?

Thanks!

2. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Get Kodak's flexicolor C-41 final rinse or stabilizer. It's cheap and better than unicolor. In my experience, tetenal was leaving some residue on film, and Kodak was much cleaner.

3. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you for the tip. It looks like it's not easy to find. The one they sell at BH seems to be the older vrsion that also requires a stabilizer. I found it at one other place but they seem to want an order of 12. It's interesting, in B/W you can get each item of chemistry separately but with C41 you seem to need to buy a kit.

4. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Check adorama, I think they sell it individually. Alternatively, there are several listings on bay of E.

5. cepwin

cepwin Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Tnx....I ordered some from adorama.