Question to Focomat Ic users

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by ooze, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ooze

ooze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear friends,

I recently acquired a lovely Focomat Ic enlarger. Everything works beautifully but there is one major problem: Newton rings. No matter how well I clean the condenser lens and negative, they are still there.

Now, I understand there is a special pressure plate named "NEWOO" (from the manual) specifically to eliminate Netwon rings, but that may be very difficult to find. I also tried to place the anti-newton glass from my Meopta enlarger between the Focomat's condenser and the negative, but it doesn't fit because it's too thick. I'm not sure whether I could get a thinner AN glass from somewhere.

I wonder how other Focomat Ic users have solved this problem.

Thanks a lot,
    omar

2. Nacio Jan Brown

Nacio Jan Brown Member

I have no way of knowing how thick the glass from the Meopta is but something you might look at is anti-reflection glass from a picture frame shop. In the US one of the brand names is Denglass (sp?). It's very thin--comparable to the glass in the Leitz Newton ring attachment. The Leitz attachments do show up on Ebay every so often and they generally go for over $100. Good luck.

3. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have used Denglas as a replacement for AN glass. It is an improvement over regular glass. It is NOT as effective as AN glass.