Radio controlled remote built in the flash for Nikon?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by haring, Dec 6, 2013.

1. haring

haring Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I would like to remotely control my off camera flash with my on camera flash. I am not looking for a separate remote unit like packetwizard. I would like the remote built in the flash itself. Canon has the 600EX-RT with a remote in the flash. You can filly control the off camera flash with the on camera Canon flash. Currently Nikon doesn't have a flash like this however I am wondering whether there is any Chinese made flash unit with features similar to the Canon 600EX-RT.

2. mweintraub

mweintraub Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nikon F6 with an SB-800 on top. That'll control any other CLS flash.

3. cramej

cramej Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    SB-800's or SB-900's can be used as commanders with SB-600's or SB-700's as slaves. You can also use the SU-800 commander if you don't need on-camera flash. Lots of options with the Nikon system. Certain Nikon digital :eek: cameras can use the built in flash as a commander.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  4. Terry Christian

Terry Christian Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What cramej said, but an additional note. The Nikon CLS system is infrared, not radio, so you have to have a clear line of sight between commander/master and remote/slave flash.

5. haring

haring Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, I would like to have radio control. I think I have to look for a third party solution....