rare battery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by AgX, Jun 22, 2013.

1. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In a type 110 camera of the pocket type from a major german brand, but made in Japan, I found a battery I never came across in my many cameras:

4.5V type K

I even do not remember to have come across this battery, in a shop back then. The seller was a major post-order company, so obtaining a spare battery via mail should not have been irritant to the buyer.
    Bu still, why got a general consumer camera such a battery?

2. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Google '4.5V type K battery' for more information. It seems they were used in Kodak 110 cameras and sold by Kodak.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't doubt that (my battery sample is from Ucar), but why selling a camera in a region where that battery is rare item? (At least to my memory; I shall look into accessories/wholesaler catalogs of that time.)

4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That type K is nearly the size of two AAA batteries, though yielding a higher voltage.

(To be fair: I could do a exhibition on photo-batteries alone. There had been too much types.)

5. Bill Burk

Bill Burk Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It's a case with 3 PX-625 sized batteries arranged diagonally and joined (like knocked-over dominoes).

I've had some luck cracking the cases and making my own replacements. But it is a hard-to-find battery. They were mercury cells originally.

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you for that hint.