Rare Schneider Kreuznach 155mm f12.5 Dasykar

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Oct 1, 2011.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This is the uber Rare Jos. Schneifer & Co. Kreuznach Weitwinkel Anastigmat Dasykar f12.5 F-15.5CM

[​IMG]

If you've never seen or heard of this lens, well, here y'are. I had read of them in the Vade Mecum but this is the first one I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

According to the Vade Mecum this should cover 110 degrees the same as a Series V Protar.

[​IMG]

Embarrased to say I've never put it on a camera. It did not have a flange or jamb nut when I got it. I'll look through my extras, but no guarantees. Consider for the sake of this sale it is sans flange.

This should cover 8X10 easily with a bit of movements. If it matters I can put it on the Deardorff 1114 and see if it squeaks around that giant. $388 includes shipping in USA

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This Never Sold

Still own this rare piece if anyone is interested. Covers 8X10 and probably 11X14!

Make Offers

3. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Off topic but... where do you find all your old lenses?

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    The-True-Story-of-the-Nevada-Lens-Mine

Well, the real answer is here, but no one pays much attention. They think I just make this stuff up.

However in the case of this lens, I had decided to just keep it when it didn't sell a year ago. But as luck would have it I was in a junk shop in Kalama Washington this weekend and spied a 'Compact Graflex' sporting this lens! So I bought it and now that I have 2, I decided to pursue selling this one again.

BTW if you do searches on "Dasykar" almost nothing comes up. They are truly scarce as hens teeth. A 255mm f15.5 Dasykar recently finished on eekbay though at $477

How 'bout $325.00 for this one; includes shipping in USA.

5. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Jim... That LFPI post was funny but I believe you. Government work is often stranger than fiction. I don't collect or use antique lenses but I just had to know the truth... and now I know it.