RB67 lens caps

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by m_liddell, Jun 27, 2006.

1. m_liddell

m_liddell Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The rear lens cap from my (now dead) 90mm C don't seem to fit my new 90mm KL lens. Are there compatibility problems between C and KL lens caps?

Does anyone have a spare rear cap I could buy off them that would fit? Mamiya want £9 for one!

2. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There are even among one focal length and the other. There are "flatter" (won't fit 50 mm) and "rounded" clip-on caps, and all different lock-in type caps. I have at least three different types at home.

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cap differences

The current Mamiya's seem to be different from replacements in that they have ears and lock on by twisting the mounting ring. The are available through B&H for about $8US new, and $5US used. There are off-brand replacements that are push on and may have difficulty with the K/L line in that the rear element barrel is a few millimeters larger than the C or non-C Sekor's. This makes them impossible to push on as the cap has a smaller internal ring that surrounds the rear element barrel as well as the outside of the lens itself.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...&ci=472&ac=&Submit.x=13&Submit.y=12&Submit=Go

4. m_liddell

m_liddell Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just realised that I hadn't taken the extra ring for the pro sd off which I don't need anyway since mine is pro s. The old lens cap fits no problem without it :smile: