RB67 Lens CLA recommendation?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by picker77, Jun 3, 2011.

1. picker77

picker77 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there a place that specializes in RB67 leaf shutter lenses, or are any of the usual lens-overhaul places just as good a bet? I have a couple of "C" lenses whose Seiko leaf shutters are slow on the high end (1/125 and up), and I'd like to get them cleaned and adjusted.

2. agfarapid

agfarapid Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try camerarepair.com which is the website for Essex Camera, in Carlstadt NJ. I've had several cameras repaired there including a leaf shutter Fujica GS645, some Leica lenses and bodies and a Mamiya 645 lens. Haven't had them repair any of my RB lenses but if I needed to, I couldn't think of a better place to send them. Reliable and fast but not inexpensive.

3. nyoung

nyoung Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've had good luck with Havel Camera in San Antonio, TX. http://www.havelcamera.com/ The service is good and quick and they have many years experience with the Mamiyas.

4. fmajor

fmajor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ummm, there's a regular contributor here, paul RON, who uses/services RB/RZ cameras. Simply do a search for his user name and i'm certain you'll see many, many of his posts which illustrates his technical knowledge - i'm sure he can help you out. Oh btw, it seems he's exceptionally well-versed on all the Mamiya RB/RZ lenses and their maintenance (in addition to the cameras....).

It's good to 'take care of our own'...... especially when they add so much to our Community gratis (in the way of information, etc).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  5. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe KEH does some cleaning.

Jeff

6. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format