RB67 Pro SD Double Exposure Prevention

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by John Irvine, Jul 11, 2010.

1. John Irvine

John Irvine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I just got into good RB67 set, including S and SD backs. I knew the SD back was missing a "silver post" of some sort on the upper left of the back of the camera. Eventually I discovered it is part, or so I believe, of the double exposure system. Without it, there is nothing except good habits to prevent multiple exposures. That is a minor problem as long as I can teach this old dog to always advance the shutter first.

But just to keep the camera as complete as possible I would like to replace it. It looks like it just screws into the body, I don't think it has any mechinical action, It's just a post to prevent something else from moving. That being the case, the solution would be locating another post. Is there any other source short of buying an RB body for parts?

John

2. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I thought the lack of double exposure lock-out was baked into the RB67 Pro and its backs--the reason I skipped them for a Pro S body and Pro S and SD backs. Wasn't aware a Pro body could be modified to talk to the newer backs.

3. John Irvine

John Irvine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I guess I wasn't clear. This a Pro SD body with Pro S or SD backs.