rb67 stovepipe finder

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by sctransplant, Jul 25, 2005.

1. sctransplant

sctransplant Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    i just picked up a stovepipe finder with an integral meter but i have no info on what battery it takes...so i don't know if it works...any help out there? thanks

2. Blighty

Blighty Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure what an RB chimney finder takes battery-wise but, I use a C330f with a metered stovepipe (chimney) finder and it uses 2 VARTA V76PX (or equivalent) button cells. Might be useful as a starting point. Regards, BLIGHTY.

3. TerryThomasAtlanta

TerryThomasAtlanta Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It might be so old that it was designed with mercury-based batteries but environmental concerns have caused them to be pulled from the market. (Rightly so.)

Wein has non-mercury batteries designed as direct replacements for the mercury ones.

I'll bet if you check the Wein web site they might have someone who will tell you what to install.

Personally, I use a Minolta Autometer IV with my 30 year old RB and stovepipe finder.

Terry Thomas...
    the photographer
    Atlanta, Georgia USA

See some of my stills from the set of a movie here: www.psychopathia.com

4. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Call Mamiya at 914 347-3300 and they can tell you what battery you need. or get on their site and see if they have a manual for it.