Re-adjusting a Luna Pro for silver oxide batteries

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by BetterSense, Dec 8, 2012.

1. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I put silver-oxide batteries in my Luna-pro with a spacer. Now it reads about correct if I set the film speed about 2 stops slower than the film I'm actually using.

Directions are here:

http://www.graphic-fusion.com/lunapro.htm

apparently there are potentiometers on the circuit board to 2-point calibrate both the high and low scales. However, I'm a bit worried I will mess it up and get the linearity wrong. I figure the meter is probably right on the way it is now. Has anyone ever done this procedure?

2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    bs, its been a while since I checked so I'm not sure they're still available, but the right way to use a pair of, IIRC, SR-44s in a Lunapro that wants mercury batteries is to put then in Gossen's own adapter. While you're at it, you might as well send the meter to Gossen's US distributor -- used to be Bogen, now called Manfrotto and I think they're still it -- for a complete overhaul. Contact them.

3. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I second the Gossen battery adapter. I got a pair of them from B&H a few years ago. They work well and added life to a pair of old Luna Sixes.

4. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I sent it to gossen....it was like 30-40 dollars and it was recalibrated ad ready for the modern world