Re quest for finding the lens filter and hood for Voigtlander vito Three

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by raelreal1959, Jul 18, 2011.

1. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Voigtlander Vito Ⅲ camera, which I had it for a while, but never been used. This is due because of not having a lens filter, and the hood. Thus I am afraid I may scratch the lens.
    I have decided rather than the camera just sits in a corner of my desk as a decorative object correcting dust. I would like to use it. Does any one know where I might be able to purchase a lens filter and the hood for this camera?

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some sizes here:

3. Rol_Lei Nut

Rol_Lei Nut Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You could measure the filter size (and the outside lens diameter).

If you're in Europe, I might even have something which fits sitting around...

4. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I thank you very much for your reply on this. I guess my Vito three has a 32mm diameter lens (it is fitter with an Ultron F2) I have found a hood for Vittesser camera, which the person at the camera shop told me that it will fit to Vito as well? But the price is more than $ 250. I know it is vital to have a lens hood, and filter. But I have to think twice spending this much money just for the lens hood and the filter. I guess I will search some thing at e-bay.

Thanks

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It will be fine without a hood. Just try it out. Not sure how anyone can justify $250 just for a lens hood.

If it's a 32mm push on you need, I'm sure I have one here that you can have for the postage cost. I will check and post again if I have a 32mm one. I know I have a couple which fit my Vito.

Steve.

6. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve great! I really appreciate for your reply to this. perhaps I am asking too much but do you have a lens filter to go along with it?
    Thanks Best regards

7. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have any push on filters for that size. I assume you just want a UV filter. As far as I am aware, you can't use a filter and a hood at the same time. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me!

To reiterate my comment earlier though, I think you should try it as it is. I have a Vito B and a Vitomatic II and have never used a hood with it. There are some pictures from mine in my gallery.

Steve.

8. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you Steve I will try the camera without the hood. I will check out your pics later. Thank you for everything.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think I am getting confused! Is yours a folding 120 roll film camera or a 35mm camera? (mine are 35mm and fixed, not folding) The Vito name was used for many variants. Either way, I will still look for a 32mm hood tonight.

I'm assuming yours is this one: http://www.marriottworld.com/vito_cameras/vito111.htm This page also confirms that it has a 32mm filter mount.

Steve.

10. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  11. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You do not need a filter and hood to use the camera or any camera. I have a Vito with a Skopar lens and have had wonderful results and never had a filter or hood on it.

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have found the hood and it is 32mm (and fits my Vito). I thought I had also found a 32mm UV filter but on closer inspection, it's a +1 Dioptre lens. That will make all of your pictures blurry!

If you send me your address by PM, I will post it to you.

Steve.

13. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve
    Sorry for the delay.
    My camera is a 35mm camera just like the one on the picture shown on the link you have sent.

14. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve I thank you very much and your kindness to this matter is greatly appreciated.
    However, I live in Japan and it will be costly for you to send the material. I would like to remit money by bank transfer for all the expenses including the purchase of hood. I have no intension of having you go through all the troubles to do this for nothing. Please let me know the amount and where money has to be sent. Best regards

15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I will find out what the (actual) postage will be today. It doesn't weigh much so I don't think it will be much (the Post Office website suggests £1.12 for surface mail and about £2 for air mail). Probably not enough to worry about. Certainly not enough to bother with a bank transfer. And I don't want anything for the hood itself.

Steve.

16. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Steve I must do something. I cannot accept it without any reward to your part. Anyway can you contact me at following address for farther info in this? My e-mail address is tu-quoque@kcc.zaq.ne.jp
    Are you in England? We have a time difference of about 9 hours. It is now about 8:35 here. I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow our time.
    Thank you

17. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    O.K. I will contact you via e-mail for your address then post it. Rather than repay me with money, just pass on a favour to someone else when you are able.

Steve.

18. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    raelreal1959:

I don't know whether Steve will agree with this suggestion, but I'll mention what I've suggested to others who want to do something to say thank you.

You could subscribe to APUG :smile:.

19. raelreal1959

raelreal1959 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has replied to me with the answers, and I wish I could be some help to someone in a future. I guess I have solved my problem. I think I will take the suggestion made by Matt on this one. Best reagrds every one.

20. rmolson

rmolson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    lens hood

If any store is trying to charge $250 for a lens hood unless it is made of pure gold, then run, do not walk away from there. and never go back!

21. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format

Sounds like a good plan.

Steve.