Readyload holder

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Rider, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Rider

Rider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Are these still useful for anything? I have one that's nearly new.

2. Steve Hamley

Steve Hamley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They can use Fuji Quickload film which is still available in color emulsions. However, the Fuji holder is likely better.

So except that it would be a world cheaper than a new Fuji holder, no. But I carry my Fuji holder in the pouch that came with the Readyload holder...

Slightly OT, I think every Polaroid camera ever made is now listed in the "Vintage" section of eBay.

Cheers, Steve

3. pgomena

pgomena Member

I am the proud owner of both a Polaroid 545 holder and a Fuji Quickload holder. The Quickload holder is like new. Who knew they would become quaint, useless antiques in my lifetime? I guess I should have used them more. :sad:

Peter Gomena

4. Martin Aislabie

Martin Aislabie Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  5. doc4x5

doc4x5 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    useless loaders-no more film being produced

Just before Kodak discontinued TMX 100 in Readyloads I got a second spare holder-great move. Then I switched to Fuji Acros Quickloads. At least I own only one Fuji holder and a decent supply of film in my freezer, but when it's gone, it's gone. I suspect I have a lot of company.

Eric

6. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shoot fuji quickloads in my polaroid loader all the time... but I'm guessing you can't use fuji's instant film in it. Don't get rid of you holders quite yet....my prediction is someone will come out, again, with this material.

7. DanielStone

DanielStone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i hope so...

i know of a lot of architectural photographers using provia and t64 in quickloads. i use them when I know that I have to have a pretty much dustless photograph, or when I don't want to schlep around holders all over the place.

-dan

8. Pupfish

Pupfish Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The later version Readyload is purportedly better than the Quickload holder for film flatness. It supposedly also handles both Fuji QL and Kodak RL with equal aplomb while the Fuji doesn't. I've used a RL holder almost exclusively in the past year-- exclusively with Fuji QLs sheets. And, last I looked at B&H, Astia 100F, Velvia 50, and Provia 100F are still available in QL.

9. junqbox

junqbox Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi All,

Sorry, lost track of the reposnses up there, so you can use Fuji Quickloads in a Polaroid 545 holder? Any other options as well?

Thanks
    junqbox

10. Rider

Rider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes, for a long time I used both Fuji and Kodak film in my Polaroid 545. It's not perfectly centered and reportedly not as flat.

I also used Polaroid sheet film in the Polaroid holder, and it would occasionally get all dirty with the chemicals. I would be stuck in the field with a dirty holder unable to shoot anything until I cleaned up the chemicals.

My solution a couple of years ago was to buy both a Fuji and Kodak holder. Smart move, right? The cash could have gone towards a nice lens.

I do have 15 sheets of Kodak 100G, which I will be able to expose perfectly centered and flat. Hooray! After they're gone, the Kodak holder will become a collector's item to show to people who probably will have never seen a 35mm roll of film.

I would rather keep it than sell it for less than the cost of a pizza.

Someday, someone may produce new film...

11. Rick Levine

Rick Levine Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I am the proud owner of two, count them two Kodak Readyload holders, one of them still has the original bubble rap, unfortunately they are the first ones first offered by Kodak with the silver film back. Totally useless for any film other than Kodak’s. I guess if I add a bit of lead to them they would make great doorstops or paper weights.:sad:

12. junqbox

junqbox Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the reply Rider, much appreciated. I can start keeping an eye out for the Fuji Quickloads.
    Cheers,
    junqbox

13. mrladewig

mrladewig Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The readyload holder has a bit smaller film opening than the quickload holder, but takes both sorts of film. I like it a bit better than the quickload holder myself and I have both. I've still got 6 boxes of readyloads, so to me its very viable.

14. Rider

Rider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I never managed to get Fuji Quickload film to load properly in my Kodak holder, even though it is the latest version. Is there any special trick to it?

15. kompressor

kompressor Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    if i want to use fuji instant 4x5" film. Can i use my Polaroid 545?