Really enjoying my GF670

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by RattyMouse, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still on a mini vacation in the USA where I bought my Fujifilm GF670. What an amazing camera. Hard to believe that one can have a 6 x 7 camera that literally fits in your jacket pocket. Even after 2 weeks of this I still can't believe it sometimes. A pocket medium format camera!! Of course, in the summer months, I wont have that jacket to put the camera in, but it will still be very small in my camera bag.

I need to find a good camera bag that can hold my GF670, GF670W, and my X100 digi camera. I think that's my perfect set up.

2. dpurdy

dpurdy Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Jealous big time. I love that camera as much as you can love a camera you have never seen or held, much less used. The optical quality is fantastic and you can go from 6x6 to 6x7. I've been thinking of selling off some of my camera gear to get one of those instead. Was it really a better buy in the US than in Shanghai?
    Dennis

3. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh man, Shanghai is AWFUL. Two years ago I found a GF670 USED in the store and they wanted $1800 for it. That's more than it cost in the US new!! I would not pay more for a used camera so I never got it. Then, for the next two years I would visit that store on occasion and find that it was always there, unsold. Two years later it is still there. In the US you can get a used GF670 for $1100 sometimes.

My GF670W was $700 cheaper bought in Japan than in China.

Hopefully I'm done buying gear. I think so otherwise I'll be single again!!

4. cjbecker

cjbecker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    ha,

but I would look into a Domke bag. They are the best made. I had a thinktank 30 but traded for a domke f2 and I think its much nice bag.

5. Too old to care

Too old to care Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am so glad companies make cameras like this, and people still buy them. I could trade my 501c for one and be very happy. Glad you are enjoying it.

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am certainly with you on this one. Easy in and out of the jacket, deploys quick and ready to take shots in seconds. I own some cameras with very quiet leaf shutters but I think that this one beats them all. There are many times when I quite literally do not hear the shutter go off.

7. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's interesting that Fujifilm with the GF670W put a LED light just outside the viewfinder that lights up whenever the shutter is open. So with this camera, you are never left wondering if you made the shot or not. I guess that was made based on feedback from the GF670. It is a VERY silent camera.

8. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the suggestion!

9. David Nardi

David Nardi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I own both the GF670 and GF670W and concur: They are fabulous cameras. Incredible to have such a large format in the hand with such a great metering system. Slide film? No problem! I also walk around with a pocket Fuji Klasse W 35mm advanced point and shoot. Another incredible toy.

10. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a very desirable state to be in to be happy with what you have, rather than constantly looking for the next" magic beans" that will make you a better photographer.

11. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, for the first time in 4 years, I am off the gear train. It is a VERY unique feeling. Now I just crave more film to shoot.

These two Fujifilm medium format cameras are such a joy to shoot.

12. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I almost bought a Klasse once while in Japan. Very nice small 35mm cameras.

13. benjiboy

benjiboy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I found out by bitter experience many years ago that photograph Isn't a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it.