Reciprocity chart?

Discussion in 'Exposure Discussion' started by Sapphirephoenix2, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Sapphirephoenix2

Sapphirephoenix2 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi, Im looking to see if anyone has some advice on where i can get my hands on color reciprocity failure for long exposures. I shoot night photography and I've been shooting and have got down a pretty good system. Yet since i shoot analouge and meter with a digital camera, i do not really know if my exposures are accurate because i have nothing to compare to.
    So, does anyone have any recommendations on color reciprocity failure chart for long exposures (30 sec.-4hrs)? Thanks

dan
    www.danielbairdmiller.com

2. hrst

hrst Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It depends on film, every film have their own characteristics. Look at the information sheets available at the manufacturer's websites.

As a quick example, Velvia 50 has notable reciprocity failure and needs exposure correction and color filtration, but Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F are very good in this regard and need little correction.

3. ivannoval

ivannoval Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi. I´ve searching for reciprocity failure charts and I see there are big differences between the "Official" recommendations by manufactures and the ones users do, such as Michael Kenna´s!
    For long exposure I use TMax100 and Trix400 as well as Ilford FP4 and HP5, whos times are the same for long exposures.

So, have you found the same problem of differente times? Which ones have you chosen?

4. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i hope this helps