Recommend online dealers for Russian lenses

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Lee Shively, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Other than eBay, are there any online sellers of Russian lenses that can be recommended?

I'm interested in a small 50mm lens to use on Leica M6--screw mount lenses are okay since I can use an adapter. I want something fairly economical since I expect the lens will not be treated particularly well and I don't want to risk my Summicron.

2. eli griggs

eli griggs Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A lot of people like Fedka at http://www.fedka.com/catalog/

Also very highly recommended is Oleg at okvintagecamera.com/

His gear is CLAed and I've seen it mentioned that he can find gear if asked.

Oleg is great at repairs and many a LTM Leica has found its' way to him from the U.S. Also a number of online buyers have their FSU cameras sent to him to be checked out and put in proper order before receiving from the FSU.

A Jupiter 3 or 8 or Industar 61L/D would be just the ticket in LTM.

Eli

3. DBP

DBP Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BTW, my experience over the years is that Jupiter 8s and Industar 61s in good condition are fairly common, while Jupiter 3s are often in terrible shape. I don't know why this is, but almost every J-3 I have seen has looked like it was cleaned with 40 grit.

4. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There are also the Industar 22 and 50 - small, collapsible, 50mm f:3.5. I think I may have a few usable ones left - I bought a "mixed box" of 20 lenses some years ago since the postage was going to be more than the price of the lenses anyway. :smile: