Recommendations of books on how to make C-41 chemistry?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Nikanon, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Nikanon

Nikanon Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Anyone have any recommendations on books that give directions or formulae for C-41 developer chemicals?

2. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There is a word document floating around full of colour formulae, there is a few C-41 recipes on here as well in the articles section I think.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A 1980's BJP Annual has all the formulae for Colour & B&W, C41, RA-4, E6 etc

Ian

4. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I home brew my c-41, and use the Dignan most often. I dug up a bunch of sources about 6 years ago as the newsgroups that once discussed this stuff were drying up, and collated them into a single file for comparison and collation. The best source was a guy, Ron Speirs, now suspect as being departed. Maxwell Sanford (MTS here) is also a good source. He has sent me files on his notes, but alas cannot locate them digiatlly at the moment.

These are not Flexicolor formulae, and there are deviations on the ingredients from the 'official' mix. Try them and then run controls against commenrcially produced c-41 and see if you like what home brew can do for you before comitting important projects to it.

Attached Files:

5. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format