Remote shutter release for Ricoh wanted

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by madgardener, Aug 23, 2012.

1. madgardener

madgardener Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have been looking for a shutter release cable for my Ricoh kr-30sp and so far my efforts have resulted in frustration. Is there anyone here that can steer me in the right direction? If a picture is needed of my shutter button, I will be glad to post it.

2. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Your camera uses a standard cable release. It has a cable inside a tube that when you push the buttong the end stick out and release the shutter. You can get this type up to about 3 ft long. To have longer one you would need to use the air type which is an air bulb with air hose and a plunger at the other end. When you squeeze the air bulb, air push the plunger out and release the shutter. There is no electric cable release for your camera.

3. madgardener

madgardener Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Are you sure? I have tried what were supposed to be standard cables and they didn't work.

4. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The threads inside your shutter button may be damaged if the cable would not screw in.

5. madgardener

madgardener Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Oh great. Hopefully that's not the case. I'm going to borrow a release cable from a friend and see if it will work. I would really prefer to not try and hunt down a shutter release button for a camera of that vintage.