Removing Nikon N2000 battery pack?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by tessar, Jan 8, 2014.

1. tessar

tessar Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did a search but couldn't find an answer. How do I remove the battery pack in a Nikon N2000? I got the camera recently and downloaded the instruction manual, which says "remove the bracket." The illustration, not too clear, shows fingers lifting a device and pulling the pack straight out. I couldn't find any bracket in the camera. The battery pack just has 2 clips, each holding down 2 batteries. The pack is in tight and I don't want to force anything. I'm wondering if this part is missing or if it's me who is missing something.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

2. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    tray

My N2000 has a tray that holds four AAA batteries. I usually pry it out from the negative end which has two springs that hold the thing into place.
    l love this camera model although I do own newer and older Nikons and Nikkormats. The batteries in my N2000 seem to last forever.

3. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    PS -- I am wondering if perhaps your battery tray is upside down.

4. nthearle

nthearle Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    There should be a white dot at one end if it's the right way up. At the other end there should be a small black fabric tag, just pull that to yank the tray out. Figure 3 in the instructions (labelled 'remove the bracket') shows that tag being gripped.

P.S. There's nothing in there that I would call a 'bracket', I'd call the part a 'battery tray' or a 'battery holder'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  5. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My N2000 battery bracket does not have any fabric attached.

6. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I actually found the instruction manual for the N2000. It is in rough shape, but so am I. It refers to the "battery holder" twice, meaning what is actually the bottom plate of the camera. It refers twice to the "bracket" twice, meaning the part that holds the batteries that you can lift out. It says to "align the white dots and put back the bracket."
    I bought my N2000 in the year 1991.

7. tessar

tessar Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you, snapguy and nthearle. I got the battery tray out with a small pair of tweezers, prying and lifting carefully. Not something you want to do in a hurry. I guess the camera lost that fabric tag somewhere along the line. I have a Nikkormat FT3 and an FE and half a dozen lenses. I'm looking forward to using the N2000 for rapid shooting.

8. chip j

chip j Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    The N2000 has the best viewfinder exposure readout of any manual Nikon. I got good exps for 10 yrs before I wore the thing out (I bought it used}.

9. Ap507b

Ap507b Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think that maybe the FA's matrix metering & the F3's 80/20 may top it for accuracy in demanding situations in the manual focus Nikon line-up? Admittedly I only ever put one film through my N2000/F301 before deciding that I hated the viewfinder display & the way that it handled being the first of the plastic Nikon's. The film did come out OK though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  10. Nikon Collector

Nikon Collector Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Don't remember the part number, but Nikon made 2 battery packs, one for AA batteries and one for AAA

11. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It is the MB-3 that uses AAs. The standard AAA holder is called MB-4.

12. Aristotle80

Aristotle80 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've bought three used N2000s. All three had the AAA battery caddy, which works great. I looked for the AA version but couldn't find any at the time. One of my N2000 bodies died from battery corrosion, so I always remove the batts when not in use. I've never had a modern button battery corrode on me, but AAs and AAAs seem to blow with some frequency in my experience. Anyway, just a suggestion.