Removing paper from finished prints

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by mooseontheloose, May 21, 2008.

1. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use a public darkroom and don't like to keep my prints there while I'm away as I've seen people leave their film to drip dry over the screens (!). Anyway, after a couple of hours on the screens I take the prints home between sheets of blotting paper and after they're dry press them.

Well, I guess my glossy prints weren't dry enough because part of the archival blotters are stuck to the emulsion (which is better than the other way around I suppose). I was just wondering what the best method would be to remove these bits of paper without damaging the emulsion -- resoaking the prints? Using my fingernails to gently scrape the paper off? If there are better suggestions out there I'd sure like to hear them before I try.

rachelle

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just resoak it should come off very easily. Just leave soaking for an hour or so and it should just float off.

Ian

3. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ian

That's what I thought but I didn't want to assume since it's the first time I've had this problem.

Cheers.