Repairer in UK of Nikon RF lens ?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by Jonjim, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jonjim

Jonjim Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, I'm posting for my first time with a request for some helpful advice please.
    I got out my S2 Nikon, equipped with SC 1.4 5cm Nippon Kogaku and tried shooting with it for the first time in many years.
    Four or so frames into the film I noticed a reluctance of the aperture ring to move smoothly ; thinking this stiffness was due
    to not having been used for a while I attempted to ''exercise'' it and , horrible to say, I've ended up with a bunch of scrunched-up
    iris blades visible through the front of the (otherwise perfect) lens. Can anyone recommend a repairer to sort out this mess ?
    Such an unexpected disaster to occur to my highly valued Nikon RF kit...
    I'm in the UK .

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    You might want to contact Newton and Ellis in Liverpool to see what they say. Not cheap but I have yet to see a negative report on their work

Another possibility is Ed Trozska in Leicester.Ivor Matanle who does reviews on classic cameras in AP has great faith in him. Again I don't think he is cheap. No reliable repairer is. I may have mis-spelt his name but a google search will get you there

pentaxuser

3. Jonjim

Jonjim Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I'll try N & E and if not Ed T. I'll post back with news of progress , hopefully.

jonjim

4. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would second Newton and Ellis, I have had several cameras repaired by them and no complaints, and these are old classic cameras

5. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    The repair person is a nice guy as well...