Replacement eye cup for Bronica GS-1?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Tony-S, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Tony-S

Tony-S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know of a source of replacement eye cups for this camera? The one I rec'd with mine is flattened and is really of no use (unless someone knows of a way to remold it).

TIA.

2. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's called a Waist Level Finder... :D

Seriously, I haven't touched the prism on my GS-1(non-metering) since I put the WLF on about a year ago. (took the speed grip off the year before, too. It's so much lighter and easy to handle now...)

Sorry, I guess that doesn't answer your question, does it? :smile:

Ok... if you really want to know, here is a short-term solution. One of my Nikons was missing the eye cup when I got it. I cut a rubber disc from an old inner tube about 1 1/2", and cut a hole a little smaller than the diameter of the eye-piece attachment. When stretched to fit, it forms a convenient cone shape remarkably like an eyepiece cup. Not the perfect solution, but it did the trick until I found a suitable replacement.

3. SWphoto

SWphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In NY, try kohscamera.com- he often has Bronica parts, just didn't have the part I needed when I needed it. Alternative might be Dirk at japanexposures.com. He got me a new battery compartment door recently- it wasn't cheap (!), but if you need it, you need it, and it wasn't to be had in the US.

4. Barry06GT

Barry06GT Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I second what SW said, Jimmy Koh has an amazing collection of Bronica parts, and he is really easy to work with, and very professional.

KEH.com has all kinds of stuff like this.

Also try searching Ebay, FeeBay, EvilBay, or whatever nasty name people are calling it.

5. Tony-S

Tony-S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Alright - thanks for the info (no tire tubes for me, though!). I'll see if those sites have what I need.