Replacement Glass Size for a NuArc 26-1K Vacuum Frame

Discussion in 'Contact Printing' started by Jeremy, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Picked up my new-to-me NuArc 26-1K this weekend and I need to get a piece of glass for the vacuum frame (not the glass that goes over the light, I have that one). Can someone measure their's and give me the height x length x width measurements so I can have the local glass place cut me a piece from plate glass this week?

2. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If the glass is out, it'll have to come out anyway, and the retaining brackets are removed you can measure the space and subtract 1/4 inch or less from each dimension and be reasonably sure of the fit. If the glass is still in the frame you have a chance to measure the glass remains before the removal. Even the rubber cushion between the glass and frame will carry an imprint that can be measured if done carefully. Don't get cheap glass, the thicker plate glass is preferable and be sure the glass doesn't have the greenish tint from the UV absorbing iron contamination.

3. RobertP

RobertP Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    29 1/2" x 25 3/8"

4. RobertP

RobertP Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    3/16" thick

5. RobertP

RobertP Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Jeremy, anything close to those measurements will work. 29 1/2 x 25 1/2 will work fine.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just ordered my glass.

29.5 x 25.5 x 3/16"

It'll be ready next Wednesday with nice rounded edges so I get to keep all 10 fingers :smile: