Replacing Focusing Screen on Nikon FT2

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by pawlowski6132, Feb 23, 2013.

1. pawlowski6132

pawlowski6132 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I would like a gridded focusing screen on my Nikon FT2. I believe it's the "E" type screen. My questions are, is this the correct? Is this easily done?

thanx much in advance for the advice.

2. Someonenameddavid

Someonenameddavid Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    No

3. LunoLuno

LunoLuno Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Pawlowski, I presume you are talking about the "Nikkormat FT2", am I correct?

Neither of those optional screens provided for the "Nikon F" series cameras (F/F2/F3/F4) doesn't fit with the Nikkormats, I'm afraid. With the Nikkormat series cameras, you have only two choices, which is either "A (split)" or "J (micro)" type screen, and those are not the same optional screens available for the "Nikon F" series cameras.

4. henry finley

henry finley Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You don't need a grid screen in there. You just think you want one. Be glad you have what you have--makes focus faster and more sure. With the grid, you have no split prism or microprism. You'll spend all day turning back and forth to find center-of-focus, and still end up with unsharp negatives. Best advice is to nix that idea. And yes, it is very easy. I can have a Nikkormat apart and back together in 15 minutes. Bad idea, though.