Retaining ring for Rodagon 300mm f/5.6

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by 3e8, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 3e8

3e8 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I purchased a Rodagon 300mm enlarging lens off of ebay recently, and it didn't come with a retaining ring. I contacted HP marketing, who sells the Rodenstock lenses, and they said they sold all their remaining stock of the retaining rings to KEH when they stoped selling the 300mm. So I've called KEH, and they n longer have any of the retaining rings left.

Any thoughts where I can get the retaining ring for this lens? I did a quick search of ebay and couldn't find any.

2. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    You may have to bite the bullet and have SK Grimes make one for you. And I think Mike1234 is selling retaining rings of all sorts.

3. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Depending on how you are going to mount it, a flange from SK Grimes might not cost much more than just a ring. In fact my 300mm Rodagon came from Durst mounted on a Vapla board using the flange in the back as a retaining ring.

I'm probably going to have them make a 75mm M.9 flange for a 250mm Fujinar that I have.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  4. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have a bag full of retaining rings but, unfortunately, I don't have a 90mm. Sorry... :sad:

I have a couple of Ilex #4's and #5's plus an Aplhax #4 plus a very large and a HUGE brass TT&H and a plethora of others in many sizes down to tiny/miniscule.

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

75mm M0.9??

6. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'll Check. :smile:

7. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's just a really big nut, right? If you can't find one, ring around a few custom engineering joints and they'll probably make you one in 5 minutes out of brass on a lathe - you just need to know the thread measurements. Or hand the lens over and they'll measure and make one.

8. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I lent my thread gauges to someone and can't remember who. I've ordered more but it'll be a week before they arrive. That stated... I forgot to search for a 75mm flange last night. I'll pin a note to my shirt so I remember tonight. :wink:

9. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
  10. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have a 75.49mm and a 74.28 as measured by the innermost threads. Again, I can't measure the pitch until my new guages arrive.