Revamped website

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Eric Rose, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Did a redesign on my website. Have lots more to do but would appreciate any CC.

http://www.ericrose.com

Thanks

2. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love your images. Excellant work.

Jeff

3. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Initial reaction - Find the text difficult to read. An off-white font on a black background does not help. Increasing the font size doesn't help much..
    But at least you don't use that flash stuff :wink:

4. MikeSeb

MikeSeb Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Eric, good work, tough navigation. It's next to impossible to figure out how to advance thru images within a gallery. Personally, I'd like to see the work take center stage, and the text, a backseat.

5. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    thanks Mike. you just need to click on one of the images and that opens up the nav stuff.

6. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    keep the comments coming. I won't change anything until I get everyone's feedback. thanks again for taking the time to look and comment.

7. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello Eric...

Your website seems to be optimised for MS Internet Explorer. I tried it w/ Mozilla Firefox and pages weren't rendered correctly. When viewing photos, those with landscape orientation were chopped at the right side and the main menu also changed placement from left to top, depending on the browser used. I think you'd better correct it.

The controls used at the portfolios (blue buttons) don't match with the palette of the rest of the site; grey ones would be better IMHO. Their white outline doesn't help either.

The header seems to be large and results in unnecessary scrolling. I have a 19'' monitor with 1280x1024 resolution; I think there's room for improvement there. The menu doesn't help with it either. Taking the menu (Home, Industrial Folio, Landscape Folio, And there was Light Folio...) to the far left will probably leave enough space for the photos.

As Paul said, some people will have problem reading the mid grey text on a black background, maybe you should brighten it a bit. For the record, I find it perfectly readable.

Hope it helps.

PS Congratulations for not using Flash. :D

8. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I kind of like the setup. The off-white text looks fine on my screen. Navigation seemed easy enough to me.

My picky objections would go towards the punctuation and typography. That may need a bit of work. An editor said to me once: "If you're old enough to put two spaces behind a period, you're old enough to know better."

9. Marc Akemann

Marc Akemann Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm using Safari. The three tabs ("Folios", "About Me" & "Contact") is overlapped by the box underneath that contain the Main Menu/Main Screen. However, everything works fine. The photos are crystal clear, sharp.... very nice. I like when I move the cursor over a photo and instantly see info about the photo. Every page, every photo loaded up really fast. I like the black background. Nice job.

-Marc

10. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Interesting comment about Firefox as that's the browser I used when I developed it. Works fine for me for both IE and FF. I don't have Safari. Ralph I agree with you. Those "sprinkles" as I call them just kill me. Fortunately for the books I have written I have good people to catch all of that LOL.

11. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Eric, nice site. One of these days I'll get off of my ass and get mine done. I agree about the type. Hard to read for my old eyes. I like the layout and the images are great. If I can be of any help with questions regarding carbon transfer just let me know.

Jim