RF Fuji/Fujica Shutter Noise-Any Cures?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TimVermont, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TimVermont

TimVermont Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, this is an odd question.

Has anyone either tried it themselves or talked to a repair person about reducing the shutter noise from a Fuji RF, and if so, what was the result?

I love my 645, but it makes more noise than shutting my car door.

2. domaz

domaz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Aren't those focal plane shutters? If so they are probably just going to be loud. Leaf shutter MF cameras are the only ones with low shutter noise.
    Ps have you ever heard a Pentax 6x7 going off? Now that is loud...

3. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    No, the Fuji range finder cameras have leaf shutters that are very loud. Nothing to compare to a Pentax 67, though.

Sandy King

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the larger Fuji rangefinders it is the linkage between the shutter and the counter mechanism on the bottom of the camera making that loud noise. This counter lets you know how many times the shutter has fired.
    I don't know if there is a counter on the smaller rangefinders and whether or not there is a simple way to disconnect that linkage.
    I just put up with the racket and just enjoy the results from those wonderful Fuji lenses.

gene

5. NormanV

NormanV Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have a problem with the volume but it does sound rather "tinny". If I disconected the counter would it improve the quality of the sound?

6. elekm

elekm Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    A friend of mine sold his, because he was very put off by the sound. I had it for about a week, and I was surprised by how loud the camera was. Much louder than necessary.