Rodinal and R09... difference?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by VoidoidRamone, Oct 24, 2004.

1. VoidoidRamone

VoidoidRamone Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now that JandC carries my favorite film, APX100, I figured that I finally had a place to buy everything I needed at once. I see a lot of people saying that R09 is 'similar' and 'comparable' to Agfa's Rodinal... but what really is the difference? I know that the R09 is an older formula, but what does that mean? If both of these are truly the same then why do they recommend different dillutions? I'm just wondering all of this, and trying to save some money on shipping if possible. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. -Grant

2. garryl

garryl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. VoidoidRamone

VoidoidRamone Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Geez! I'm going to hope that APUGers can restrain from something like that. I'm not sure who would have won that fist fight though...? -Grant

4. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Looks like Grant is trying to stir up trouble with his inflamatory question. :D

5. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Many of us seldom visit Photo.net any longer. Too many "What is the best" questions... and way too many people who have developed fewer than 3 sheets/rolls of film (or maybe talked to fewer than three people who claim to have done so in a past life) who are experts.

6. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I left there after the threads got too much like photo.soap .... where's that saucer of milk? :smile: It's a shame as there are many really helpful people there and Lex is one of the best.

7. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    From another thread:

8. Tobik

Tobik Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I can confirm difference in colors. I used Orwo R09, but not side-by-side with Rodinal.
    One another big difference - RO9 lost its power suddenly without any warning almost over the night (experience with several bottles, but 20-15 yaers ago). Rodinal have changed colour, big amount of hard particles appeared inside of the bottle, but it works still like new.