Rodinal, where are you getting it?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by photomc, Jan 15, 2004.

1. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Noticed from recent gallery postings and discussions that alot of folks seem to be using Rodinal. Since Agfa decided to require very large orders, the local shops have had to stop carrying it. Where do most of you get it these days? I think B&H and Calument require hazard shipping charge, seems like Adorama still ships without the charge. Anyone using the stuff from PF or from Jand C?

Thanks for any input...

2. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got mine a couple of months ago from Calumet without a hazardous shipping charge. At that time at least, B&H was not shipping Rodinal at all.
    juan

3. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I pick mine up right here in Houston at Camera Co/Op. Very cheap and very versatile developer as you can use it for film and paper.

4. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ditto Calumet, with no extra charge. B&H won't send a lot of stuff that others will. Makes one wonder.

5. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On this side of the Pond, even my local Jessops (Salisbury) stock it-try Silverprint or Firstcall if out in the sticks.

6. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

7. bmac

bmac Member

I guess I'm just lucky. There are three stores within 20 mins of my house that all stock it.

8. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I had to stop using it in Hawaii for several years -- the hazmat charges were horrible and no one local stocked it. I learned to love Xtol :smile:

Now back on the mainland, and getting comfy with Rodinal again.... in fact I think it's all I have in "stock" just now. Keeble & Schuchatt in Palo Alto stock it, as does Gasser's.