Rollei 6000 series battery....time for new Cells?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by BenZucker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I just got a rollei 6008i II camera that came with three batteries. when one of these batteries is in the body the camera will not turn on, and when i put it on the charger (I am using a rollei charger N) the red light indicating that it needs charge goes on, but only for a second. I am assuming that the cells in this battery are shot? Does this sound like the case? If so has any one used the Kits avalible on ebay for replacing the cells? what are your experiences?

2. fatboy22

fatboy22 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ben

I recently got into Rollei as well. I have bought 3 of the new Cell packs from ebay and they work very well! You have to use a different charger designed for MNH Batteries. These are available online.

3. TimVermont

TimVermont Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    any chance you have a link to the charger you are now using?
    -Ben

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think the Nicads are rated at like 1000 exposures between charges. You must be shooting a lot to need to go with NiMh.

I use the 1250 ma Sanyo NiCad cells rated for rapid charging and use the original charger.

6. BenZucker

BenZucker Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    All things being equal I think I would like to replace the cells with NiCad on the non working battery, that way I can use same charger that I have now.