Rollei ever ready case strap connection mod?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by ToddB, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,
    I was able to score on a beautiful Everyready case for my Rollei. However, it didn't come with a strap. After researching the original .... The alligator clips make me nervous. Also, the strap isn't long enough to go cross body. Does any one know of a mod with something readily available to use for strap connection? The connection point on the case doesn't allow room to slide on those small camera rings, which I would of preferred. It needs to a secure hold.

Todd

2. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Made a good connector

Hey guys,

I made up a good connector out of those big paper clip thingies. The silver lever on those worked perfect. Also went as far as shrinked tubed it as well so it will the rubbing to a minimum. I have lots of room for any type of strap I want. A very secure fit. So if you have a Ready case for Rollei try it. It looks like it was already there.

ToddB

4. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The original attachments are perfectly secure. The strap isn't long enough to go across the body because you cannot use the camera that way.

5. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Here is a quick pic of the Mod.
    This will be bomb proof.
    Todd

Attached Files:

6. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was considering an original strap, But couldn't get past the cost. There are so many nice leather straps on line to chose from. But I appreciate let me know that they very secure.

ToddB