Rollei Retro sheet film

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by eclarke, Sep 26, 2012.

1. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have been using Rollei Retro 100 film in 4x5 and 8x10 and it's a really nice film.. It appears to have disappeared from the Universe, anybody have any first-hand knowledge about this?

2. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    If you used the retro 100 tonal, it has been discontinued since it was manufactured in the Fotokemika plant. And this plant closed.

3. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I was afraid of that, it's a nice film and pretty affordable.. I just got 4 more boxes of 8x10 from Maco and have a couple hundred sheets of 4x5. I'm also a huge fan of Aura, have about 400 sheets...A sad situation..
    Thanks for the input..Evan

4. hmzimelka

hmzimelka Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Rollei Retro 100 and Rollei Retro 100 TONAL are two different films.
    Retro 100 was repackaged AGFA APX 100, and the last of these Rollei films sold last year I think. Retro 400 went long before that...

Retro 100 TONAL is an orthopanchromatic sensitised EFKE 100 emulsion, which as a consequence of EFKE closing their doors, will no longer be manufactured.

I'm not entirely sure about the on going production of Tonal 100, and I speak under correction that it's manufacturing wasn't an on-going film. It may have been a once off.

I wish they made RPX100 in sheet film. This is a fantastic film. Be it a clone or a very close cousin of Kentmere 100...

5. eclarke

eclarke Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Yep, the Tonal is what I have..it's a very nice consistent quality film from sheet to sheet. Beautiful in Rodinal 1+50 and Jobo agitation..