Rollei SL66 metering

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mark H, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Mark H

Mark H Member

Does anyone have experience/tips on handheld metering for a Rollei SL66 with the lens reversed? I'm new to using the camera and handheld meter (Sekonic L-350 with 1 degree spot attachment). Thanks!

2. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you can figure where the nodal point of the lens is and calculate the distance to the film plane then you will be able to calculate the bellows factor to apply to the metering. It's also possible to do the calculations by measuring the image size to get a magnification ratio. The Kodak Photoguide has dial calculators to work out the details.

3. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hi - i use an sl66 , there is a chart on the left side of the extension arm which tells you what the lens extenion factor is at the distince you are focusing at - the one with the 80> refers to using the standard planar mounted normally, the 80< refers to the retro mounted lens. There are also scales for the 150mm and 120mm lenses there too. The applicable extension factor is the small figure underlined by a thick white lineclosest to the camera body.

On the few occasions I have retro-mounted the lens, I have taken a reading from a grey card then applied the bellows extension from the cameras scale with no difficulties.

Hope that helps?? If not, there is an online manual here http://www.sl66.com/manual/sl66/sl66.htm

cheers!

Leon