Rollei Slide Projector

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by George Collier, Dec 26, 2006.

1. George Collier

George Collier Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For anyone interested, in Richmond, VA, at a camera store (Richmond Camera) there is a used Rollei slide projector, with a wooden case, covered with a textured leather-like material. The case has an angled lid, hinged at the back, I think, with the back side higher, allowing projection without removal from the case. The projector is brown, kind of a textured metalic finish. I would guess its vintage to be 50's, plus or minus. It's old, but looks in good shape, as confirmed by the salesperson.
    I have no interest in the sale, but have heard over the years about the quality of it, and thought someone out there might be interested.
    The salesperson said it works, although the bulb needs to be replaced (The bulb is available.)
    Oh, yes, and the price is $40, a consignment.
    The phone number is 804.355.5793, I would ask for Joan (she's knowledgable).
    Hope this post is ok, I've just heard that this is a sought after item.

2. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    the post is fine and dandy, I hope some apuger jumps on it for 40.00!!!

3. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Rollei

Speaking of the devil I have one of the later Rollei twin lens projectors if anyone wants it just make me an offer. Then I have to find it!!
    Best, Peter

4. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Are either of these projectors for MF slides?