Rolleicord V - Very Clean Condition.

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jglass, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a very clean, Rolleicord V, Serial # 1552770 in excellent, working condition. Film tested and fully functional with all shutter speeds sounding good thanks to servicing by KEH after I bought it. It functions as it's supposed to throughout.

The camera would be called Mint on the auction site. It was hard for me to find one this clean (took me three tries).

The Schneider Kreuznach Xenar 1:3.5 taking lens, renowned for its sharpness, is clean, clear of fungus, haze, separation, and cleaning marks. A tiny hairline scratch in the coating, you might not even see and a few speckles of internal dust that have had no effect on rendered image quality.

I’ve shot many rolls of film with this camera and it produces very sharp images as per specs and reputation. Ground glass and attached magnifier are clean. The shutter sounds accurate on all settings, and exposure and focus are smooth and fluid. The shutter cocking mechanism works fluidly with no issues. The pop-up hood opens and closes with fluidity. The focusing screen is fairly clean, minor flaws only. The pop out magnifier operates normally and is clean.

There is light paint wear in the usual places along the rear body edge. Other minor cosmetic-only blemishing. Inside is clean and free of rust.

Shutter speeds from 1/500 to B, Apertures from 3.5 to 22. Self-timer. Mutiple Exposure setting. Flash sync settings. At the X setting, electronic flash can be used at all shutter speeds and flashbulbs*can be used at speeds up to 1/30th. The M setting enables flashbulbs, which are generally obsolete,*to be used at all speeds but is unsuitable for electronic flash. (I have not tested flash with this camera).

The Rolleicord produces 12 6x6 images in colour or monochrome on standard 120 film. By means of special Rollei accessories (not supplied) it can also produce 16 6x4.5 or 24 4x4 images on 120 film or 24x36mm images on 35mm film.*

Included is a glass Francke & Heidecke yellow Bay (correct) filter.

Also included: an original leather case in fair to good condition, but it has no strap and one seam has been repaired with good thread.

Original brochure "The Practical Accessories" from Rollei also included in good condition.

$225 or best offer plus actual shipping + insurance (required) to the lower 48.

Please pay by paypal.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  2. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just to let folks know:

I set it at this price because I saw one sell for about that on the auction site and this camera is so clean and performs as it should. Seems like most of these models have very sticky slow shutter speeds, lots of lens fuzz and other issues. Often buyers have to just assume they'll have to CLA a camera of this age when they get it. This one has had a CLA by KEH and doesn't need anything but film. Ready to go.

3. dizzy_chicken

dizzy_chicken Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    Looks great. Id buy it if i didnt already have a 'cord IV

4. danfogel

danfogel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Beautiful camera.

5. Comrade Conrad

Comrade Conrad Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jeff,

I'd like to buy your Rolleicord. PM sent.

6. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sale is pending . . .

7. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, this camera is available again. The person who bought it (for the asking price) decided his neck/back injury would not permit him to use a waist level finder.

So. . . here it is again, in the same condition. It was also pointed out to me that the rear door also has a very slight dent in it.

8. Dr.Pain-MD

Dr.Pain-MD Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would have been all over this had I not bought a Rolleicord a few days ago. :sad:

9. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can the Maxwell screen for the Rolleiflex be fitted to the Rolleicord?

10. jglass

jglass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry, folks, this camera is sold.

11. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Drat. I have an email in to Harry Fleenor asking about the screen. If the answer is yes I was going to buy the camera. Guess at this price I should have just bought it.

EDIT: Just for future reference of anyone who cares, I heard back from Harry and he can put the Maxwell screen into a Rolleicord. And I didn't buy it. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  12. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yea, I didn't get it either. But Jeffrey is a good guy, so we'll cut him some slack. :wink:

Good info about the screen. Thanks for that tidbit.

13. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format

yeah jeffrey is a really good guy ! i just wish i could have kept
    the camera myself ( i am the person who mailed it back ).
    20 years ago my trouble was i bumped into things being a clutz ( yashicmat124 but sold it when i was broke )
    now i wish that was my trouble ... i'd have to keep my chiro in tow ... for a post photography adjustment :sad:

john

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  14. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well on closer reading of the email from Harry, he said he could install it in a Rolliecord IV. This listing got me looking on the 'bay and so forth so I did write back to confirm he could also put it in the V, Va and Vb. If he should say no I'll come back and let folks know, assuming the thread isn't closed.

I went straight from 35mm to 4x5 a dozen years ago and until this year never owned a medium format camera. I bought a Yashica Mat 124 and find I really like the TLR, square format and waist level finder, so I thought I'd move up to a Rollei but the 'flexes are SO expensive for good examples.