Rolleiflex 3.5F

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by DaveO, Jun 21, 2013.

1. DaveO

DaveO Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Bought this camera around 20 years ago.. I don't use it as much since I got a DSLR, but I will load it and shoot with it next month. SAM_3570-resized.jpg SAM_3574-resized.jpg

Does anyone know what the silver bracket is on the side of the camera?

img006_crop-resized.jpg

This last image is a picture of my wife's grandmother when she was about 90 years old. She died about 3 years ago at 103.
    It was probably taken with one of the Fujicolor films.

2. dpurdy

dpurdy Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That metal thing is a flash bracket like a lot of wedding photographers used to put on. You can take it off but I think you have to then fill the screw holes.
    Dennis

3. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Gorgous camera.. I've see a few of these with that bracket. Hope someone chimes in to you know. Maybe for flash unit?

Todd

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In fact, it looks like it might be a bracket for a Graflite!

5. DaveO

DaveO Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Flash bracket on Rolleiflex

I posted this on another forum and that was the consensus there. I have no desire to remove it, especially if it would leave holes to be filled. I probably have 25 to 30 rolls of film taken with this camera. I'm interested in a scanner for 120 film that is not too expensive. I have taken photos with my Nikon D 80 and D 300s with a
    105 mm micro lens. I tried inverting them with software, but they are not very good. Only good enough to be sure of who is in the picture. Is it possible to buy scanner software to change it to a positive on my computer. ( sorry about asking a digital question on an analog forum. )

6. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a T model and 3.5F too. I bought a Epson V600 film scanner and does a awesome job on scanning 120 negs. Go to Flikr and punch in ToddB4 and look at some of my street photography. All done with either with T or 3.5f camera. I have NO desire to get a DSLR after the first roll I shot with these cameras.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  7. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually it looks like the two brackets that are traditionally used by the leather strap on a Graphic press camera, paired with a reinforcing metal strip. If properly spaced (vertically) these also do double-duty as a secondary Graflite mounting point, as they are the same connection point form factor as the one-piece Graflite bracket that usually lives on the other side of the same press camera body.

So yes, they probably held a Graflite Synchronizer tube topped by an appropriate flashbulb reflector head. Don't think I've ever seen that before on a TLR.

:smile:

Ken

8. DaveO

DaveO Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I looked at the Epson Scanners at Amazon. The V 500 is a little cheaper, but I don't know if it is as good as the V600. The DR on both of them is the same and they both have the digital ice. I don't want to spend more for the V 700. I thought there was a V 650, but I guess I don't remember right.
    Is the light for transparencies and negatives built into the lid of the V 600?