Rolleiflex Automat Model 1 lens cover

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by skinnyvoice, Oct 8, 2009.

1. skinnyvoice

skinnyvoice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am now the new owner of a resuccitated Rolleiflex Automat Model 1. It is distinguishable by having a double bayonet (I) on the taking lens only. Does anybody know if there is a single unit lens cover for this Automat or any suggestions? The viewing lens is 28.5mm and takes a push on hood but they seem scarce too. I need to protect the glass because the case is falling apart.

2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If all fails, I guess a Bay 1 UV or other filter would do as a protection for the taking lens. The 28.5 push-on filters are a bit iffy to find. I think I may have a link to someone who at least last time I looked had some of them on sale. I'll put the link in the thread when I find it.

3. r-brian

r-brian Member

I had (sold it about 6 months ago) the same model Automat and, luckily, mine came with the original lens cover. It was a one-piece stamped metal cover that had a small sliding locking lever between the upper and lower lenses. (the same locking mechanism that's on the lens cover for my MX Automat) Finding one will probably be difficult considering the Model 2 went to double bayonet lenese. Good luck.

4. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  5. skinnyvoice

skinnyvoice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a one piece stamped cover on a Rolleicord with the slider but I thinnk this one needs both bayonets to fix properly. Tis a loose fit on the Automat since there isn't even a flange on the viewing lens

6. skinnyvoice

skinnyvoice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for that, I've exhausted my usual UK suppliers

7. r-brian

r-brian Member

Yep, I've got the same type of cover for my MX, fits both bayonet mount lenses. The one for my old Type 1 was smaller on top and fit the non-bayonet viewing lens, specfic for the Type 1.

8. skinnyvoice

skinnyvoice Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the clarification r-brian. At least I know what I'm looking for now!

9. JPD

JPD Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  10. seawolf66

seawolf66 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format