Rolleiflex lens hood source

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Thomas Bertilsson, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I am trying to locate a lens hood for a Rolleiflex TLR. I have tried the big guns like Calumet and Adorama and a few others, but it's out of my budget to purchase what they have available.

Anybody that might have a hint where to start looking for an antique like this?

Thankful for help,

- Thomas
    Saint Paul, MN

2. noblebeast

noblebeast Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have gotten several off of the auction site. Prices fluctuate wildly, but I have gotten a real Rollei lenshade with its leather case for a low-price of $12 and a high of $35. If it's the BayI lens the Yashica lens shades work just fine as well. I wish I had a spare so I could play "Let's Make A Deal" for you - I price things to move - but no such luck. I've found that patience can often reward you if you have the time to wait.

Good Luck!
    Joe

3. rjs003

rjs003 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thomas,
    I have a lens shade for my Yashicia TLR, made by Yashicia and it works really well. I also have an off brand for the same cameras and it isn't worth owning... Doesn't fit well and isn't tight once it is fitted to the lens.
    Watch E-Bay there are shades up for bid almost weekly and the going price is about $30. I got lucky and bought a Yashica 124G for $47. and the person threw in the Yashica lens shade... That won't happen again.
    Anyway good luck

4. rjs003

rjs003 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thomas
    E-Bay has a Rolleiflex lens shade up for bid at this time item # 3818791569
    Hope this helps

5. Chaska

Chaska Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ebay is probably the cheapest route, last one I got there we $20 and came with a Rolleicord III! If you can't wait ritzcam.com, pacificrimcamera.com, or goodwinphotoinc.com usually have a selection of collector quality at that premium as well as users that are reasonable (I got one from Ritz for $35). Bottom line is to get one, it makes a difference with a TLR.

6. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all,

I checked all of these sources out. One way or another, I'll have a lens shade for a Rolleiflex shortly...

Thank you,

- Thomas

7. bmac

bmac Member

Do you still need one? PM me if you do.