Rolleiflex TLR shutter sound differences

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mehmet Kismet, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Mehmet Kismet

Mehmet Kismet Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I remarked that the shutter sounds of an old (Rolleiflex E2 from 1960s) and newer (Rolleiflex F from 1970s) are quite different. To describe a sound is a bit difficult for me, however for the newer one it is more short and mechanical like "clic", but for the older one it is more loosy and soft like "shhlish". I know it is funny to describe in that way, but I really wonder if this is because of a design difference between the shutters or because of something else? Thanks

2. matti

matti Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, my two Rolleiflex T sounds different. One is the first model and one the third. The first one is louder, the third model is really really silent.

/matti

3. dpurdy

dpurdy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I had a 2.8E2 that had sort of a zzziiip sound on the slow speeds that my 2.8F doesn't have. However I recently got a 2.8FX that again has the Zzzziiiip sound. I don't know?

4. pgomena

pgomena Member

My 2.8C makes a sharp "kzzzing" sound. "kzzzzingclick" on the longer speeds. Nothing really quiet about it.

Peter Gomena

5. Greg_E

Greg_E Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    [​IMG]
    the frog says... RIBBIT, RIBBIT

sorry couldn't resist

6. Mehmet Kismet

Mehmet Kismet Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format